  From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Denise Wood
  Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2001 2:27 PM
  To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
  Subject: RE: Accessibility of Salt Lake Olympic Site

  Yes - agreed Kynn

  This is not the forum for lynching organisations - just informing. I
should have been a little clearer about my suggestion about a report. I
would not think it appropriate to send a report, just an email outlining
some of the concerns. The purpose of the report I was suggesting was for our
own benefit - it is easier to construct an email when you are clear about
the problems in the site. If you don't have some sort of checklist in mind
there is risk that the email would appear vague and uninformed. OK - lets
not refer to a report - just a list of the identified problems based on the
guidelines.

  The reference to the Australian site I think adds weight to the email but
if you think it would be construed as threatening or that it is not relevant
then it should not be included.

  I am certainly not advocating a lynching - just a means for informing and
guiding those responsible. The goal is after all to lead to a more
accessible site for the SLC.

  Thanks for raising this as a potential issue Kynn.

  Denise

  Dr Denise L Wood
  Lecturer: Professional Development (online teaching and learning)
  University of South Australia
  CE Campus, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
  Ph:    (61 8) 8302 2172 / (61 8) 8302 4472 (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
  Fax:  (61 8) 8302 2363 / (61 8) 8302 4390
  Mob: (0413 648 260)

  Email:  Denise.Wood@unisa.edu.au
  WWW:
http://www.unisanet.unisa.edu.au/staff/homepage.asp?Name=Denise.Wood