From: "Denise Wood" <Denise.Wood@unisa.edu.au>
To: <Demonpenta2@aol.com>; <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2001 6:13 AM
Subject: RE: Section 508

Good point - thanks John.

Another issue that I would like some direction about. I know that there
is a
heavy emphasis on cross-browser compatibility when designing and
developing
accessible web sites. What is the feeling about a web site that has been
developed for a specific group (password protected and accessible only
to that
group) which incorporates features only supported in later browsers if
(a) the
site supports screen readers, includes alt tags etc and generally
complies with
at least minimum requirements and (b) the provider distributes to all
intended
users free CDs containing latest installation files for the latest
browsers.
Are there some users who would be potentially disadvantaged in that they
must
use other browsers other than the latest versions of ie and Netscape?

Denise