  From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Denise Wood
  Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2001 6:13 PM
  To: 'Demonpenta2@aol.com'; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
  Subject: RE: Section 508

  Good point - thanks John.

  Another issue that I would like some direction about. I know that there is
a heavy emphasis on cross-browser compatibility when designing and
developing accessible web sites. What is the feeling about a web site that
has been developed for a specific group (password protected and accessible
only to that group) which incorporates features only supported in later
browsers if (a) the site supports screen readers, includes alt tags etc and
generally complies with at least minimum requirements and (b) the provider
distributes to all intended users free CDs containing latest installation
files for the latest browsers. Are there some users who would be potentially
disadvantaged in that they must use other browsers other than the latest
versions of ie and Netscape?

  Denise