RE: Web Page Disability Access Design

Hello,
Since the question is about the City of San Jose web references, I thought I
should respond since I wrote the page when I was at the City as their ADA
Compliance Officer.  For everyone's information, the city web standard was
written in 1995, prior to the launch of the WAI and does not address W3C.
Now that Section 508 has been released, I believe the City will be
implementing Section 508 which includes 11 of the W3C Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines, Priority Level One.  However, since I am no longer
with the City, my understanding may now be incorrect.  The City has not
filled my previous position and is currently looking for candidates.

Best regards,
Cynthia Waddell

---------------------------------------
Cynthia D. Waddell