RE: server side images for geographic mapping data

TO the WAI, I have posted this message here because many are involved in
their respective country's implementation or policy making.  In the United
States I think we are coming across implementation issues that will
ultimately benefit everyone and reduce the learning curve elsewhere.

Shawn,  YOUR MESSAGE HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO Doug Wakefield.

Doug, here is another example where someone is asking a question and advice.
What training has been implemented for people with questions such as this?
As based upon your earlier comment, "The way the law is written each agency
is in charge of their own compliance. The key is to follow the 508 web
standards. If followed, then liability shouldn't be an issue."  if the
agencies are ultimately responsible, then the legal office is ultimately
responsible for approving the guidelines or standards.  Hoewever, as there
is so much diverse information in the government to be made available, the
approach every solution requires will or may be different.

What would be good here is a list of approaches or techniques, much like the
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines' Technique document.  This could be
called scenarios or something.  Here is also an example where a forum or
list of services can be provided to help people.  I would say an advisory
committee to assist.

Is there a list server for 508 questions?  As much as I dislike more list
servers, I do think this may be the best recource.  Personnally, I would
like to have one place to monitor or ask questions, for example the IG,
however, not sure that is feasible.