Re: [Fwd: WEB: accessible www.electrichoice.com]

At 05:07 AM 8/30/1999 , David Poehlman wrote:
>and what about the rest of us?

[snip]

>One of the latest ways, they say, is the
>Pennsylvania
>ElectriChoice Program's Web site, which allows Pennsylvania customers
>choose their power company. The program's Web site, introduced at a
>news
>conference Tuesday, (August 24, 1999) allows people to see images
>enlarged, hear text read aloud or read it themselves in Braille.

I dunno about the "rest of us" but it's very encouraging to see this
kind of progress being touted as Important in an age when still most
web designers are completely unaware that It Matters.

So while we could certainly find reason to be critical of what they
might or might not have done, I do applaud the idea behind the
news story and the fact that it is considered Important Enough to
be news.  Now I'm looking forward to the day when this is NOT news
and accessibility is taken for granted...someday, I promise you,
we WILL get there.