Re: Fw: 50 States Quarters

There are two entry points for the 50 State Quarter Map
http://www1.usmint.gov/50States/fsq/main.cfm
and URL:http://www1.usmint.gov/50States/fsq/main.html

Appreciate the comments.  the main web site needs much work.  there is going
to be a redesign and make WCAG a requirement.  Trouble is, I am the only
person with experience and am trying to train everyone using baby steps
admist the enormous workload.  E-commerce has taken off and we are trying to
ramp up to support this. i am implementing quality assurance in small doses
because we have a product to get out.  until we get everyone trained we will
continue to pick up Universal accessibility after the fact.

People are starting to "get" Universal accessibility, but it is going to
take a while.  BE very glad when the Federal Law is enacted.  Objective is
be Conformance Level Double A by the end of the year.

This 50 State Quarters project was the first were we tried...  what worries
me is people do not understand how difficult this is to implement both
before and after the fact with no training and experience  - in dynamic
environments with no people!

To use the flash you will need to download it if you are not prompted.
However, you can use the site without the graphics by using the text links.
Even on the U.S. and State map you can only see where the quarters were
reported - they are color coded.  Even you want to see the details you can
select the text link on top.  Tried to make this navigable for everyone.
But you never know unless you have time for usability testing!  That is why
the Interest Group is so valuable.  We use so many diverse tools, that we
are our own test environment!

Also, your notes will be passed along to our developers.

thanks...rob