Re:Netomat Browser

Kynn -
This is the message I sent to netomat last Thursday.

_____

Hi -
I downloaded netomat last night...  This is definitely a totally different
software environment which will take some time to get used to.  My initial
impression is that this provides some insights into what the "Borg collective"
experience could be like! (smile)

Preliminary comments focus on some additional user interface items as well:

1) Home or the "5" key on the number pad:   automatically set the speed to zero
2) Possibly have some kind of keyboard control of the speed -- such as PgUp
speeds up by 5 and PgDn slows down by 5.
2) Some way of capturing the source of a piece of information when you want to
(if information is stored in some kind of buffer, being able to obtain the
source URL or URI should be easy, particularly if your using XML for capturing
metadata about websites).  I found some interesting items and wanted to find out
more about the context;  also, identifying the source can be absolutely
essential for making a determination about its validity.

I'd also like to get more information about the netomatics

Karl Hebenstreit
karl.hebenstreit@gsa.gov

P.S. I work at GSA's Center for Information Technology Accommodation, where we
are working on making software accessible for people with disabilities.  It
would be interesting to see if netomat could interface with IBM's  Self-Voicing
Kit for Java.   Particularly in the text-only mode, this would allow the "web to
speak to you" and could be used by the
blind/visually-impaired.