RE: Netomat Browser

I am *very* interested in seeing (hearing) this thing in action. If anyone
does get it to work with the self voicing kit (or with any other screen
reader or self-voicing browser), please let me know, and if possible send
me instructions for doing the same so I can try it out.
Thanx much.

					Rich

On Thursday, July 08, 1999 1:01 PM, karl.hebenstreit@gsa.gov
[SMTP:karl.hebenstreit@gsa.gov] wrote:

> Kynn -
> This is the message I sent to netomat last Thursday.
>
> _____
>
> Hi -
> I downloaded netomat last night...  This is definitely a totally
different
> software environment which will take some time to get used to.  My
initial
> impression is that this provides some insights into what the "Borg
> collective"
> experience could be like! (smile)
>
> Preliminary comments focus on some additional user interface items as
well:

> 1) Home or the "5" key on the number pad:   automatically set the speed
> zero
> 2) Possibly have some kind of keyboard control of the speed -- such as
PgUp
> speeds up by 5 and PgDn slows down by 5.
> 2) Some way of capturing the source of a piece of information when you
want
> (if information is stored in some kind of buffer, being able to obtain
the
> source URL or URI should be easy, particularly if your using XML for
> capturing
> metadata about websites).  I found some interesting items and wanted to
> find out
> more about the context;  also, identifying the source can be absolutely
> essential for making a determination about its validity.
>
> I'd also like to get more information about the netomatics
>

> Karl Hebenstreit
> karl.hebenstreit@gsa.gov
>
> P.S. I work at GSA's Center for Information Technology Accommodation,
where
> we
> are working on making software accessible for people with disabilities.
 It