Re: WAI proposed enhancements

Scott Isaacs wrote:

> I do not consider this workable nor interesting to implement as a long-term
> solution as it does not address any of the real-world issues of hierarchical
> lists.

"workable" is relevant, but "interesting," "long-term,"
and "real-world" are not criteria upon which the HTML WG
is to review the WAI HC report.

Just to be clear, I repeat:

----------------
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 17:22:24 -0500
From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

if you don't want the OPTION proposal as
stated to go in HTML4, please supply an alternative to address
the stated accessability requirement:

==========
Some HTML documents include forms with very long selection menus.
The large number of options on these menus makes them hard to browse
when using speech-based browsers or browsers that show a few words
at a time in a very large print.

or argue in the WAI HC WG that this is not a requirement
for HTML4.

I've prepared full details about the WAI HC WG/HTML WG relationship
in another message.

--
Dan Connolly, W3C HTML Working Group Chair
http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/