Re: WAI proposed enhancements

Dan Connolly wrote:

> Scott Isaacs wrote:
> >
> > I do not consider this workable nor interesting to implement as a long-term
> > solution as it does not address any of the real-world issues of hierarchical
> > lists.
>
> "workable" is relevant, but "interesting," "long-term,"
> and "real-world" are not criteria upon which the HTML WG
> is to review the WAI HC report.

Actually, "long-term" is relevant. I spoke too soon.

But it doesn't override the accessability requirement.
To resolve the issue within HTML WG, you
have to provide an alternative. If you want to say
no to the proposal altogether, you have to talk
the WAI HC WG out of their stated requirement.

(And for the purposes of this discussion,
"wait until after 4.0" is the same as "no.")

--
Dan Connolly, W3C HTML Working Group Chair
http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/