From: Schnabel, Stefan <stefan.schnabel@sap.com>
Sent: 16 April 2020 16:54
To: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>; Niemann, Gundula <gundula.niemann@sap.com>; David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
Cc: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Visual Indicators

“We do not expect end users to dig into code to implement this, but it would be something for a user-agent (e.g. plugin) to take up.”

Being late to the party, I’d like to see a respective sentence to be added in the requirement to be more precise and avoiding ambiguities in interpretation.

Also, I raised the point to add this to requirements for user agents as for instance, the WAI-ARIA 1.0 User Agent Implementation Guide<https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-implementation/> once did and the Core Accessibility API Mappings 1.2<https://w3c.github.io/core-aam/> continues. The fact that the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines (UAAG)<https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/uaag> evolvement seems to be idle since 2016 does not change this.

Regards
Stefan