 Subject: Re: Question: Enough time guideline
 To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
 Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 11:48 AM

 I would say that yes,
 that sort of situation falls under (my
 understanding of) 2.2.1.

 See the 3rd example on
 https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/time-limits-required-behaviors.html

 "A Web page includes an
 animation which includes text that appears and
 disappears throughout. In some cases, the text
 is scrolling across the
 screen and in
 others, it is only displayed for a short time before it
 fades into the background. The page includes a
 pause button so that
 users who have trouble
 reading the text before it disappears can read it."

 and note the "only
 displayed for a short time before it fades..." part.

 On
 28/02/2017 16:21, Sailesh Panchang wrote:
 > Guideline 2.2 Enough Time: reads
 "Provide users enough time to read and use
 content".
 > Do any of the SCs under
 it actually address a situation where an error message pops
 up momentarily and disappears?

 > SC 2.2.1 generally addresses time out
 situations
 > SC 2.2.1 addresses
 moving  / scrolling / auto updating content
 > Funnily, there are situations where the
 error message remains available to screen reader users but
 not visible.
 > (Generally invisible
 content available to SRs  may pose a 1.3.2 issue).

 > Thanks,
 > Sailesh

 > On Sun, 2/26/17, David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>

 Re: Minutes AGWG call Feb 21
 "Wilco Fiers" <wilco.fiers@deque.com>
 <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
 >  Date: Sunday, February 26, 2017, 8:23
 PM

 >  This seems to
 go to the survey, not
 >  the minutes.
 >  Cheers,
 >  David
 MacDonald CanAdapt Solutions

 Inc.Tel:  613.235.4902LinkedIn

 twitter.com/davidmacdGitHubwww.Can-Adapt.com    Adapting
 the web
 >  to all users
 Including those with
 >  disabilities
 >  If you are not the intended
 recipient,
 >  please review our
 privacy
 >  policy
 >
 >  On Tue, Feb 21,
 2017 at
 go:https://www.w3.org/2002/09/
 >  wbs/35422/WCAG21FWPD/results
 >
 >  --
 >  Wilco FiersSenior Accessibility Engineer
 - Co-facilitator
 >  WCAG-ACT - Chair
 Auto-WCAG

 --