Re: Question: Enough time guideline

I would say that yes, that sort of situation falls under (my
understanding of) 2.2.1.

See the 3rd example on
https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/time-limits-required-behaviors.html

"A Web page includes an animation which includes text that appears and
disappears throughout. In some cases, the text is scrolling across the
screen and in others, it is only displayed for a short time before it
fades into the background. The page includes a pause button so that
users who have trouble reading the text before it disappears can read it."

and note the "only displayed for a short time before it fades..." part.

--
Patrick H. Lauke