Should the boxes around blocks of text in the FPWD have Sufficient contrast under the new SC. WAS: Re: CFC: Publish WCAG 2.1 FPWD

> Any concerns that the orange square for proposed SC does not meet
contrast requirements?

I think this is a good test for the new SC 1.4.12 Graphic contrast. How
would I evaluate this in an audit?

- Is the box a graphic?
I'd say yes.

- Is the box is "essential"?
I'd say yes, because it indicates that the section is a proposed SC.

There is a non graphical alternative, the word "Proposed". But this
alternative way of presenting the essential information. There does not
appear to be a provision for a text alternative  under this SC. There is no
exception where the important information is provided in another way such
as in text.

So I don't know whether I'd pass this orange box or not... I'm leaning
toward "no".... but I think the word "proposed" is a sufficient means of
conveying the information and would like to see an exception for visual
presentation of the essential information in text

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902