Re: Length of line

On 03/02/2017 13:46, White, Jason J wrote:
> [Jason] The "a mechanism is available" requirement is meant to ensure
> that the content author supplies the mechanism if the user
> agents/assistive technologies don't. It's the descendant of the
> infamous WCAG 1.0 "until user agents" clause.

Exactly, which is my point since (going back to the thread starter and
the actual proposed SC https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/57) here we
seemed to be saying that the mechanism is available, EXCEPT where the
platform/UA itself does not provide it, which seemed rather paradoxical.

Patrick H. Lauke