 Subject: Re: Re[2]: Should we require labels to be always visible?
 To: "David MacDonald" <david100@sympatico.ca>, "White, Jason J" <jjwhite@ets.org>
 Cc: "Glenda Sims" <glenda.sims@deque.com>, "Andrew Kirkpatrick" <akirkpat@adobe.com>, "josh@interaccess.ie" <josh@interaccess.ie>, "lisa.seeman" <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>, "Detlev Fischer" <detlev.fischer@testkreis.de>, "WCAG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
 Date: Friday, January 13, 2017, 4:35 PM

 Hi
 All--
 What
 if an input field of type "search" has a
 placeholder of "Search this page" associated with
 a button labeled "Search", eg.:

 <form role="search" class="inLine
 search" >

 <input type="search" placeholder="Search
 this site" aria-label="search this
 site"/>

 <input type="submit" value="Search"
 />

 </form>

 WAVE
 and aXe both pass it...could the submit button text be
 considered a visible label?

 Mike

    On Friday, January
 13, 2017 4:05 PM, David MacDonald