RE: Orientation comments analysis

From: Repsher, Stephen J [mailto:stephen.j.repsher@boeing.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2017 7:57 PM

A mechanism is available to view content in all display orientations without loss of essential content or functionality, except where the display orientation is fixed by the user agent or is essential for usage or meaning.
[Jason] This is interesting – I think Andrew’s amendment of the proposal in the CfC is clearer. With this proposal, buttons in the Web application’s UI for locking/unlocking the display orientation could be taken as one of the possible mechanisms, so presumably the concern that I’ve raised here is addressed. Personalization would also appear to be covered. I could certainly live with this as a proposal, based on what has been discussed so far.

Thank you for your compliance.