Re: might be last option for plain language

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 11:11:11 +0100
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
On 18/05/2017 10:55, lisa.seeman wrote:
> I actually offered to do a few pages if the group agree that they are
> interested in this direction
>
> for a topic like web standards I would need to make a word list (one
> list is needed for a whole industry so it is not too bad)
>
> However, if we do agree to go in this direction, I will be happy to
> create word lists for ten verticals to start with (health, banking,
> technology, education...) and clear instructions on how to do it.

Who will create a list if I, as an author, work in an area that you've
not covered? How can I test that I'm not failing this proposed SC? Same
question if I'm an auditor...how can I determine if my client's site
that I'm auditing is compliant?

What if there are multiple word lists for certain areas, produced by
different people/organisations? Which one is the more authoritative, if
I get a pass using one but a fail using another?

Who will guarantee the accuracy and maintenance of word lists? A third
party organisation, or WAI? Who watches the watchers?

Patrick H. Lauke