RE: changes to plain language based on the feedback

From: John Foliot [mailto:john.foliot@deque.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 9:24 AM

Common Words

> Provide words or phrases from a public core vocabulary

Provide how? Where?
​I​
n any specific format?
​ For what purpose?
A "word list" minus definitions is simply a list of 1500 words...​
​

As Gregg notes, myself and others have questioned the mechanics of this in a practical sense, and we're simply not at a point technologically t​o make this useful.
[Jason] In addition, as I’ve argued in my review comments submitted this morning, this aspect of the proposal raises internationalization concerns, and it would also unleash what might be called the “battle of the vocabulary lists” – irreconcilable claims and counter-claims about whether your list is better than my list with respect to this content in this context – and hence whether the content conforms to the proposal or not.

I’ve also raised concerns about whether there are reliable criteria for identifying “non-literal language”, which, again, have to be available for all of the languages in which WCAG 2.1-conformant content would be written.

Thank you for your compliance.