Re: Understanding content now set up in WCAG 2.1 repository

On 2017-05-08 4:41 PM, Laura Carlson wrote:
> Hi Micheal,
>
> Thank you for the instructions. I put some links at the top of the
> Adapting Text SC [1] for ease of use:
>
> - [Understanding doc for
> editing](https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/blob/master/understanding/21/adapting-text.html)
> | [Understanding doc in
> master](https://rawgit.com/w3c/wcag21/master/understanding/21/adapting-text.html)
>
> But I am now  wondering if the editing link will update the master? Do
> I need a different link for viewing what I edit?
Like with the SC, the editing link will not update the master branch, it
will just update that working branch. And like with the SC, the editing
link needs to replace "master" in the example URIs you provided with the
name of the working branch for that SC. In the case of adapting text,
that's "adapting-text_ISSUE-74-78-79". This allows development and
review in a space isolated from work on the other SC. When the WG
approves what's in that branch, then we merge it into master (and hence
into the next Working Draft).

Michael