RE: Comments on the discussion about target size and accidental activation (was Re: Minutes: AGWG meeting April 4, 2017)

Hi all,

Andrew asked for an example of “Id” footnotes. In addition to the footnote number being a link to take you back up to the text/content, there can be really short links within the footnote, such as a number (for a statutes or other content) and even just the word “id”. The link within the footnote generally takes you to another, totally different document.

Screen shots don’t really work, so I’ve mocked up what that might look like. The links are simulated by blue underlined text.

And yes, there are literally hundreds of footnotes in this document.

201     Id. at 188.
202     Id.
203     Id. at 165, 232-33.

I hope that helps.