Re[2]: Colour Luminosity/Contrast for form inputs/controls/components

>On 02/11/2016 10:10, josh@interaccess.ie wrote:
>
>>>you're trying to crowbar a dependency on 1.4.3 into 1.4.1.
>>Not really. I'm just referencing what is there. Actually it looks to
>>me
>>like a fresh SC for colour luminosity of UI components may be needed.
>>This may be something that the LVTF is looking at but I don't know
>>OTTOMH.
>
>Why create a new SC? IMO it would be much better to instead just extend
>the language of current 1.4.3 to cover more than just "text and images
>of text" instead?

That would be better/easier for sure. Sorry, I see what you are getting
at. In my first example I just used 1.4.1 as a jumping off point. To use
1.4.3 instead:

1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum): The visual presentation of text ,images of
text and user interface components has a contrast ratio of at least
4.5:1, except for the following: (Level AA)

Better?