WCAG-ISSUE-27 (placeholder): Discuss either providing a failure or clarifying placeholders as labels [HTML & ARIA Techniques TF]

From: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 16:39:03 +0000
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
WCAG-ISSUE-27 (placeholder): Discuss either providing a failure or clarifying placeholders as labels [HTML & ARIA Techniques TF]

http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/27

Raised by: David MacDonald
On product: HTML & ARIA Techniques TF

We should discuss either providing a failure or clarifying in understanding placeholders as labels. There are different interpretations of our literature from good accessibility professionals, so we lack clarity.

May need to revise H65 use of Title on input elements if we need a visual label.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2014AprJun/0234.html David
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2014AprJun/0235.html Jonathan
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2014AprJun/0236.html Sailesh
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2014AprJun/0237.html Sailesh