Re: Proposal to Delete or Keep 2.4.1

"Skipping link groups" and "Grouping links" are both SC 2.4.3 techniques. As
far as I can tell, they don't belong in SC 2.4.1. Neither is about
recognizing navigational features.

It isn't clear to me that "Using the link element and navigation tools" fits
this SC either, but I will defer to those more knowledgeable about HTML.

"Failure due to using structural markup for presentation effects" sounds
more like a SC 1.3.1 failure to me than a 2.4.1 failure.

"Failure due to Header misuse" is a 2.4.1 failure because we are recognizing
the headers are especially valuable for navigation. But the technique of
using headers is a SC 1.3.1 technique, not a SC 2.4.1 technique. (The use of
headers was proposed as a 2.4.1 technique initially, but rejected by the
working group since it was a SC 1.3.1 issue.) The description of this SC
says: "The purpose of this success criterion is to ensure that user agents,
including assistive technologies, can recognize any navigational mechanisms
that may be present in the content, beyond those perceivable structures
required by 1.3.1. 1.3.1 requires perceivable structures such as headings,
labels for form controls, lists, etc. to be programmatically determined."

We could keep this success criterion just to highlight the misuse of
scripting to create links in HTML. I still think that this issue is covered
by SC 4.1.2.

Loretta