RE: issue 741

Hi Kerstin,

Thanks Kerstin for taking this on and for the update.  I'm not sure I
understand how your group plans to handle this on a technique level.

Based on our current guidelines, I believe CAPCHAs have to have text
equivalents.  Unless I am mistaken, unless you come up with something that
is an SC or we edit our current SC then there will be no place to put your
techniques and CAPCHAs would still require text equivalents --- unless they
are multimeda.    We have a loophole if you will for multimedia.  All other
content requires a text alternative.  We have another loophole for
functional non-text content that cannot be described in text - but CAPCHAs
don't qualify as functional and can be described in text. Cause that is what
you do to make them work.

Which SC did you think the CAPCHAs would fall under?  (Where did you think
your techniques would go as sufficient solutions).

Thanks.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.