Re: proposed enhanced definition for caption

Is the proposed definition "normative" in any sense, or will it be used in
the context of a normative requirement?
    If so, then use of the word "important" in the proposed definition
seems somewhat subjective to me
and not objectively testable (if testability is an issue).    Would we lose
any meaning by taking the word "important" out?
What are the implications of taking the word "important" out?

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST