RE: technique to overcome meaningful link text

I think given these ideas we can make a slight adjustment to the SC.

<current>

2.4.5 Each programmatic reference to another
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/appendixA.html#deliveryunitdef> delivery
unit or to another location in the same delivery unit, is associated with
text describing the destination.

</current>

<proposed1>

2.4.5 Each programmatic reference to another
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/appendixA.html#deliveryunitdef> delivery
unit or to another location in the same delivery unit, is programmatically
associated with text describing the destination.

</proposed1>

Making the association between the link and its description "programmatic"
will allow designers to provide meaningful text either in hidden or visual
form, depending on their circumstances. Then we can provide ways to
accomplish this in the techniques, whether using Don's suggestions, or my
suggestions or others.I would be ok with this compromise and I think most of
the blind users I work with would also.

David MacDonald

.Access empowers people
            .barriers disable them.