Re: technique to overcome meaningful link text

As a technique, I don¹t really like this much. Images of text can¹t satisfy
lots of UA requirements for text, like the ability to resize the text or
control the font used.

Fundamentally, though, I get the sense that the group is converging on
requiring meaningful link text, directly associated with the link, not in
its  surrounding context. We would opt for having a verbose reading of the
links as the page is being read (which is what would happen with this
technique).

In that case, shouldn¹t we recommend using the title of the link to specify
the complete text? (In PDF, we can provide Alt text for the link, but we
need an HTML technique, too). AT would need to provide an option to use the
title text in lists of links, to make this most effective.

Loretta