From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of David MacDonald
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 9:48 AM
To: 'Gregg Vanderheiden'; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: SC 2.4.5, meaningful link text

The other possibility is newspaper home pages that have story summaries
followed by a link "more". Blind users would like meaningful text on these
pages but I think some accessibility people might think a case could be made
for this exception. If we allowed this exception (which I don't particularly
recommend) the intent section might look something like this.

----------------------

Provide meaningful link text, unless:

-the link is part of an array of links to different versions (or views) of
the same information.

-it is a link to the full text of a summary and the link comes directly
after this summary.

My preference would be this:

"Provide meaningful link text, unless the link is part of an array of links
to different versions (or views) of the same information."

.Access empowers people
            .barriers disable them.

 <http://www.eramp.com> www.eramp.com

  _____