RE: [TECH] What is the WCAG stance on blinking?

blinking is also distracting, making it hard for people with attention
disabilities to finish the task at hand.

If the user is tiring to do their tax form online, or is doing an online
math test, then continues bilking and distraction will make it less
likely that they will finish.

On the  other hand: Sometimes that is ok or even good. They may not
finish the task of reading the football scores and will start looking at
an interesting science page. Either way, a well designed learning site,
that understands the issues, can use blinking to keep children on the
site for longer, without distracting them where it is counterproductive.

This is , unfortunately , a good case for the term "avoid" instead of
"don't use" .
Or at least always provide a site (not page) default for  no blinking.

But then what about distracting animations, popup windows, background
noise?

keep well