RE: [techs] scripts

> At 08:24 PM 7/17/2004, you wrote:
> >I think "generally" most accessibility problems come down making text
> or
> >text alternative available to user agents, so I can't argue with the
> >statement that "Generally it's the same stuff that makes other stuff
> >inaccessible, people are just more likely to do it with scripting".

I am not sure I agree with that, I think there are problems that need
addressing from an architecture and guidelines perspective.

For example - when does /should new content get the focus? If all new
content get focus then your screen reader continuously jumps back to
your silly script that changes images at the top of the page every 10
seconds. On the other hand if all new content does not get focus then
how will the user know when important content has been created?

Also Document.write is a classic way to create illegal code starting in
the middle of a tag-  maybe that  needs a warning, maybe to recommend
only use of DOM core.

Lisa