RE: Mapping HTML Techniques to WCAG 2.0

(not related to David's question):
I should clarify that in my previous message I was disagreeing that we need
to write a new success criterion and that I believe Guideline 4.1 is
sufficient.

(responding to David)...
David wrote:
>  Expanding on "Authors should use the TITLE element to identify the
> contents of a document" to perhaps identify that when you publish a
> report from hard copy to html, one success criteria might be to ask the
> question...Are the titles the same? If they are not, why not?

Could you explain why this should be a success criterion? I think this is
too specific for a success criterion and propose that we generalize the
idea and expand on it in Techniques.  In other words, we can provide
examples and general guidance about writing good titles.  Publishing a
report online could be one example.

>Also, "context-rich titles" is extremely subjective.

Yes, "context-rich" is subjective.  We could provide guidance in the HTML
Techniques document.

Best,
--wendy

--