RE: simple language testable thing

In my proposal I was trying to  separate two things.

Point 1 / case 1. Requiring knowledge of a second language is an
enormous barrier of entry. However it may be hard to absolutely test
what is a foreign word.

I am not too sure about this, because there is usably a definitive
source of a language - and a simple parser should do it. But I can see
that this can be a trick one.

Point 2 / case 2. This barrier to entry is even higher for the user,
when the user needs to know a different alphabet to understand content.
For example and English word in a Chinese site. Hear you can not even
sound out the word, and see if you recognize it.

What is more, in this case the testing is simple. - As simple as a one
line pattern match, - if you are outside the known range of letters and
characters, you are in foreign territory.

That is why I suggested that at least case 2 be considered as a P1
thing. We can then argue about case 1 and what to do with it...

A typical use case:
 In some countries people  assume that you have English as a second
language. However a dyslexic child will probably have to concentrate on
getting one language and will not learn a second language. This will
make a lot of sites inaccessible in part...

All the best
Lisa Seeman

Visit us at the UB Access website
UB Access - Moving internet accessibility