RE: Audio description (was: New rewrite of Guideline 1.1 [action item])

Joe Clark wrote:
By the way, I think the original message was a new record for 2004-- six

top-postings. Ph.D.s continue to be unable to use E-mail.

Some PhDs who use scren readers prefer :tio-posting" because they can't
stand hearing the screen reader say "greater" once for each time a given
chunk of text has been quoted in the thread.  It's hard to keep track of
the sense of a conversation when you hear something like "greater
greater greater greater" followed by two or three words folowed by
"greater greater greater greater" etc.

"Good design is accessible design."

Dr. John M. Slatin, Director
Accessibility Institute
University of Texas at Austin
FAC 248C
1 University Station G9600
Austin, TX 78712
ph 512-495-4288, fax 512-495-4524
email jslatin@mail.utexas.edu
Web http://www.utexas.edu/research/accessibility

> We can't move all of 1.2 to 1.1 because audio description is not a
> text alternative.

It's not any kind of alternative. It's an addition. Try watching a movie

with *just* the audio description.

--

    Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
    Expect criticism if you top-post