RE: Issue 556 and 669 (and 506 definition of structure)

John M Slatin writes:

 > <proposed>
 > structure
 > Structure refers to the set of elements and relationships that make up a
 > Web resource.  Elements may contain text, graphics, mathematical
 > equations, etc. Some elements may contain other elements, and may also
 > define relationships between two or more elements.   We User agents,
 > including Web browsers and some assistive technologies, make the
 > structure of Web resources evident to the user.
[...]

In general I like this definition. It should however be clarified that
here the word "element" is not being used in its precise technical
sense and there is no implication that a Web resource conforming to
these guidelines must be in XML.

You could also substitute terms such as "Web content" or "the content"
for "a Web resource" if desired. My larger point is that we need to
agree on exactly which technical terms we plan to use throughout the
guidelines, supply appropriate definitions, then use the terms
consistently.