From: "Lee Roberts" <leeroberts@roserockdesign.com>
To: "'Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG'" <rscano@iwa-italy.org>; "'John M
Slatin'" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>; "'WCAG List'"
<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 6:07 PM
Subject: RE: ContextHelp vs. Title...

ContextHelp may be a good thing, but the WCAG as we have it now states
that accessibility features must be supported in at least one prior
version and in more than one AT on more than one platform.  Just because
Freedom Scientific gets the XHTML WG to add it will not make it a viable
option for WCAG compliance.

ContextHelp is the only useful propriety tag element or attribute that
seems to have been well thought out.  However, if we let software or AT
developers to dictate the standards we will be in the same position we
are currently with Netscape and Microsoft.  History has shown that
format does not work.