From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 8:14 AM
To: John M Slatin; WCAG List
Cc: chris.hofstader@verizon.net
Subject: Re: ContextHelp vs. Title...

----- Original Message -----
From: "John M Slatin" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
To: "Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG" <rscano@iwa-italy.org>; "WCAG List"
<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: <chris.hofstader@verizon.net>
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 3:07 PM

This new "contexthelp" attribute is potentially very useful.  Currently,
though, it's a proprietary feature-- only JAWS recognizes it (and only
JAWS 5.0 at that).  I note that Freedom Scientific plans to propose
adding the attribute to the XHTML spec; if that happens this will be a
good thing!

Roberto:
Yes... it is interesting but:

1 - Shall Freedom Scientific let W3C to add to the future XHTML spec? 2
- What about the "old" HTML 4.xx / XHTML 1.x? 3 - What about the UAAG?

One of the point of the W3C guidelines and also of the WCAG WG must be
to give guidelines to web developers and software developers and not
adapt the "proprietary guidelines"... this is IMHO...