Re: [#293] Summary for tables

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Ridpath" <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
To: "Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG" <rscano@iwa-italy.org>; "Jens Meiert"
<jens.meiert@erde3.com>; <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: <www-html@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [#293] Summary for tables

> The TABLE element does not have a TYPE attribute in HTML4 so, as Roberto
> suggested, this would cause problems.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html#edef-TABLE
>
> Even if approved by the XHTML group this would cause problems with HTML
> validator tools.

Following your suggestion, an attribute that i think could be use is the
"title" attribute. As you know the screen readers works on the table with
the summary attribute. If we create an instruction like this:

Roberto Scano
IWA/HWG EMEA Coordinator
W3C Advisory Committee Representative for IWA/HWG
International Webmasters Association / HTML Writers Guild
http://www.iwanet.org - http://www.hwg.org
E-Mail: emea@iwanet.org - w3c-rep@iwanet.org