Re: REF 1.1a - Add definition to 1.1 for ability to be expressed in words

Ben and Gregg,

please look carefully at:
Guideline 3: UNDERSTANDABLE. Make content and controls understandable
to as many users as possible.
*	Core Checkpoints for Guideline 3
*	3.1 [CORE] Language of content can be programmatically
determined.[was 1.6 partial]
*	Extended Checkpoints for Guideline 3
*	3.2 [EXTENDED] The definition of abbreviations and acronyms can be
unambiguously determined. [was 4.3]
*	3.3 [EXTENDED] Content is written to be no more complex than is
necessary and/or supplement with simpler forms of the content.   [was
4.1 and 4.2]
*	3.4 [EXTENDED] Layout and behavior of content is consistent or
predictable, but not identical. [was 3.3 and 3.4]

There is no mention of graphics, and one cannot imagine how anyone
could assume there was.

at one stage there was discussion of a more media neutral format,
"content is written" can hardly be said to describe illustration.

complex and simple are possibly not helpful terms in this context. Many
people with learning difficulties can understand complex situations but
perhaps only in a limited topic. Generalisation perhaps describes the
problem more closely. eg I failed to generalise that 3.3 might include
graphics.

I maintain that 3.3 still needs serious and considered re-working,
hence my apology for absence.

thanks

Jonathan