RE: REF 3.1 TAKE 2 - Add specificity to required checkpoint.

Thanks for clarifying, Gregg.  But now I have another concern:

Does this mean that a French phrase like "je ne sais quoi" need not be
tagged if it occurs within an English sentence? When it's not tagged
with the lang attribute, JAWS pronounces the phrase like this: Gee knee
sayze kwoy.  It sounds quite different if it's marked up!

Here's an example sentence:
There's a certain je ne sais quoi about her, isn't there?

If you saw this in a print novel, the phrase would probably be in
italics, the convention in English usage for visually marking
non-English words and phrases.  An English speaker with good knowledge
of French *might* recognize "Gee knees sayze kwoy" as JAWS' attempt to
say "je ne sais quoi," but a non-French speaker wouldn't have a clue.

John

John Slatin, Ph.D.
Director, Institute for Technology & Learning
University of Texas at Austin
FAC 248C
1 University Station G9600
Austin, TX 78712