Re: CC/PP Re: A single URI

 "Kynn Bartlett"
> At 12:21 PM +0000 12/20/01, Jim Ley wrote:

> So you're saying the framework may or may not be useful, but the
> specific vocabulary in the draft is lacking?  That is a far cry from
> the idea that the approach is all wrong and it's worthless for
> accessibility.

Almost everything in the current vocabulary is a negative, so yes in my
mind it does nothing  for accessibility (more harm than good), so the
current vocabulary is not only lacking it's a negative from an
Accessibility perspective, however it does solve problems I can see in
the mobile world.

However that's not to say the general concept of users describing their
needs is a bad one, I do however feel it's an impractical one, and
definately one to be used as a last resort in authoring terms.

> Have you sent your comments to the CC/PP working group?  Are you
> a PF member and thus able to see current working drafts and give
> authoritative-sounding comments on them?  (You can do the latter
> without being part of PF, of course.)  Are you part of the solution?

I do not believe there is a solution in CC/PP, in any area I have
interest in, and as I'm not part of PF, I can't participate sensibly
until another public draft exists (detailed comments 9 months after the
last public draft are likely useless.) I'll be waiting until a new public
draft.

>  But the principle is
> solid and useful, and not at all the way you have described it.

So what is it?  Tell me, refute my statements - convince me, don't just
say I'm wrong, without explaining why, by e-mail is of course welcome if
continued discussion of using CC/PP (or the general technique) to
describe accessibility needs is unwelcome on the list.

Jim.