Re: Feeling Ashamed

Kynn,

         Thanks for sharing your experience with the presentation.

         As much as I advocate illustrating everything, I have some links
on the kids' pages that aren't illustrated, and I've noticed the kids just
skip over the unillustrated links and try those with an illustration ...
What is important is that we can learn from each other and from our own
experiences.

                                                 Anne

At 07:59 AM 10/27/01 -0700, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>I did a presentation on web accessibility this week.  I am not a
>good PowerPoint creator, so I just threw something together.  It was
>a good outline, rich in content, and I gave a good talk based on it.
>During the break, someone came up to me and told me that it was
>awful.  Why?  Because there were no pictures at all.  People like
>pictures in PowerPoint presentations.  Instead of TELLing about a
>Braille device, I could have SHOWN it to them.
>
>I felt ashamed once more then.
>
>--Kynn
>
>--
>Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
>Technical Developer Liaison
>Reef North America
>Accessibility - W3C - Integrator Network
>BUSINESS IS DYNAMIC. TAKE CONTROL.
>http://www.reef.com

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com