Re: user needs vs author needs RE: Agenda

Chaals,

         I like the idea of putting the a sound file on each link/index
page. It can be clickable, or put as a background sound so the kids always
hear it when they click on it. I'd thought about using background music as
a sound anchor for the link pages ... but directions instead of music would
be more useful.

         Thanks for an excellent idea!

                                         Anne

At 08:45 AM 10/8/01 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>You could use a sound. You could do this by using metadata to trigger
>whatever works for the kids you are talking to today.
>
>The idea is "here are links to play with". The presentation might be "here is
>a picture. It means there are other pictures you can click on". Or it might
>be "here is a sound. It means you can ask for more about the next 5 sounds".
>Or it might be text that gets presented some other way.
>
>cheers
>
>chaals
>
>On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Anne Pemberton wrote:
>[snip]
>            Last week when I was showing the kids the Mrs P's Links page, I
>   pointed to the background and said when they saw that background, it was a
>   place to find links they'd enjoy ... Is there a less "visual presentation"
>   way to provide the same function another way on a page? (the first graders
>   can't read more than a few key words yet).... about half the kids could
>   find "Johnny Appleseed" to click on the target page, the others, I had to
>   point to it for them.

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com

http://www.erols.com/stevepem