Re: local copies of WAI logo

At 12:36 PM 12/25/2000 , Matt May wrote:
> > Thus I don't believe it is "best" to reference the W3C server;
> > in fact, I'm not entirely sure the webmaster would appreciate
> > that at all, given the extra traffic necessary.
>
>One advantage to storing it centrally is that the W3C would be able to
>discover which sites are claiming which levels of compliance. This could be
>valuable in getting metrics on how many sites are adopting the guidelines.

If we want do to this, we might want to set up a logo registration
scheme such as that used by the HTML Writers Guild.

Ref: http://www.hwg.org/services/logo/

Probably a matter for the W3C "compliance" folks, though, not for
individual working groups?

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                    http://kynn.com/