Re: local copies of WAI logo

Hmmm. On this particular question, it might be "best" to ask W3C. I believe
that Wendy already pointed this out. (Ultimately it is in fact a copyright
question, but I presume that we can figure it out like civilised people...)

cheers

Charles

On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  At 02:37 PM 12/20/2000 , Sean B. Palmer wrote:
  >Maybe also say that it is best to reference the W3C server copies in case
  >updates are made?

  We should not be making "updates" to the icon; once it is created,
  it stays fixed and at that URI permanently.  The only way we'd
  "change" it would be an update to a new version or the like, and
  that would require a new URI.

  Thus I don't believe it is "best" to reference the W3C server;
  in fact, I'm not entirely sure the webmaster would appreciate
  that at all, given the extra traffic necessary.

until 6 January 2001 at:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France