Re: Getting Old

At 01:36 PM 12/24/2000 , William Loughborough wrote:
>In a certain sense "inclusion" carries a certain "dilution".
>To put it another way, we need inclusion more than we need "poster children".

Should we change our focus and make it "correct web design which
can be used by all people"?  Should we still be concerned primarily
with people with disabilities?  Or should we simply publish
"web design the W3C way" as part of a semantic web effort?

Is it important to even talk about those "poster children"?  Would
our guidelines on "how to do the web" be better if we didn't mention
cripples at all?  Maybe we could be more "inclusive" if we didn't
even concern ourselves with people with disabilities.

See, I have a definite opinion here that we _do_ need "poster
children" if that means "not forgetting the human aspect of web
accessibility", and I would gladly sacrifice "inclusion" if that
means we have a stronger document that speaks up with voices that
are not often heard.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                    http://kynn.com/