Re: Getting Old

At 03:36 PM 12/24/00 -0500, Marti wrote:
>concerns me about making 'indexing' an accessibility issue.  This is an
>issue which should be of concern to all. By taking up an issue as broad as
>'indexing' we risk credibility.

Other guidelines (clear writing, for instance) are "of concern to all"..

Indexing is an accessibility issue because its absence makes the Web
relatively inaccessible to a reasonably well-defined group.

If it helps others, fine. If clear writing and illustrations help other
than people with cognitive disabilities, fine.

If audio descriptions allows my wife to "watch" soaps without looking at
the screen that doesn't make it any less of an accessibility issue.

If we must parse "potential backlash" then count me out. The idea that
taking up *any* issue threatens our credibility threatens my credibility.

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE