Re: Minutes from ever

At 5:24 PM +0000 11/27/00, jonathan chetwynd wrote:
>OK it is true some things are difficult to illustrate, and some cartoons
>loose their meaning in the explanation.
>However it seems that the wai staffers are determined to limit themselves to
>the textual equivalents, and be satisfied with that.

In my opinion, it's because we don't have many artists
participating.  In fact, I think some WAI attitudes have specifically
chased away artistic folks, and for that we are the weaker.

WAI needs more artist participation -- and by artist I don't just
mean visual, although they are likely the most common types we'd
find here.

I would love to see, for example, Scott McCloud (author of Understanding
Comics) participate in WAI activities.  (He probably doesn't have
the time, though, as WAI participation requires a lot of work for
little tangible feedback...)  If you're not familiar with Scott's
work, it's an excellent explanation of the connection between images
and text embodied by the comic book medium.  His web site is
http://www.scottmccloud.com/

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>