Re: Minutes from 16 November 2000 WCAG WG telecon

At 02:55 PM 11/18/00 -0800, Anne Pemberton wrote:
>William, nothing is ever "obvious" to the variety of perceptions people
>bring to the web

I guess I meant to imply that the overwhelming majority of people who
*write* for the Web are in a Wysiwyg frame of mind and the "s" in there has
dominated most of their lives. Just as you describe how you make a page
without starting from a notion of its structure but just let it evolve. We
may (almost) all do that. We are taught to outline first but we just can't
bring ourselves to do it.

I wish I could point to examples but perhaps something like
http://redhotjazz.com/  which uses pictures, graphics, sound, and on the
surface (which I've never gone below) appears to be highly structured. I
don't know if it qualifies under the guidelines but I know at least one
blind person who likes it a lot. It looks good, works pretty well and IMO
exemplifies the importance of using structure. If that structure is usable
by someone using a screen reader I have no idea.
--

Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE